Can I track my device if it is still on?
Jay82

My phone was taken. The location is off, but the phone is off. Is there a way for me to still track it? Please help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone was taken. The location is off, but the phone is on. Is there a way for me to still track it?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Unfortunately not, the location setting would need to be on and connected to data/wifi for the android device manager to be able to locate the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My phone was taken. The location is off, but the phone is on. Is there a way for me to still track it?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Unfortunately not, the location setting would need to be on and connected to data/wifi for the android device manager to be able to locate the phone.

0 Likes
Jay82

So if everything my mobile data is on...and all the apps are active, but the location is off...I still can't track my phone?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If the phone is off, then nothing will work.  If location is OFF completely, then there isn't much you can do.  You can use Android Device Manager to send an alert command to the phone, so that if it is turned on, or someone tries to connect to data, or the WiFi scan automatically hits on a location then the phone will receive the command to lock and or wipe.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Correct, the location setting is a crucial step

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can track via GPS, Network triangulation, and/or wifi location.  If you have location completely turned off, then you'll get no response.  At this point, you just have to hope someone finds it and turns it on.  It isn't always all about the location of the phone, but whether the phone can receive commands via data/wifi.

0 Likes
Jay82

The location is off...just my data is on. I'd just gotten off the airplane

and took it out of airplane mode. I can see text messages have been coming

in, but no calls or anything have been made.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

With data/wifi on, the phone will ring from ADM.  If in airplane mode and location off, the phone will ring and unlock and erase as soon as any data source is available.

0 Likes