Can I upgrade with the Note 7 Upgrade?
RRALEXANDER9

I have a note 7 and am looking at switching to a new phone but I heard that I will not be able to upgrade when the new one comes out, is that correct?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 Upgrade???
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

that is correct unless to either buy your new phone outright or payoff the installments you have left on it. They are not honoring the annual upgrade option that came along with the Note 7.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

that is correct unless to either buy your new phone outright or payoff the installments you have left on it. They are not honoring the annual upgrade option that came along with the Note 7.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You can always buy a used phone or refurbished phone to use temporarily and use your upgrade when the phone you want comes out.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You also need to turn in your phone while it is still under recall.  Once the recall ends, you own an $850 flammable paperweight.  Verizon is sending out text messages that "....the device is not authorized and service will be suspended, but will continue to be billed" To encourage getting the phones back before they are worthless. 

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I think they took out the bigger hammer to make sure people returned the phones by going with the ongoing billing.  I am guessing Samsung needs to make sure they get back the phones, as a precaution against possible future lawsuit for injury, post recall.

The phone is already worthless and has been since the official second recall went out and Samsung stopped all sales and production.

mama23dogs
Legend

tk3765​ exactly!   And I'm not sure if the carrier has any liability if they don't collect them all.

What I find odd is ATT isn't applying the same pressure and several customers are under the delusion they can keep the phone and use it. 

0 Likes