Can I use my own sound clip for a ringback tone?
suzvitt63

can I assign my own sound clip as a ring back tone on the Galaxy Note 4? And if so...how?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use my own sound clip for a ring back tone.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The apps the rep is referring to are for creating and managing your RINGTONES.

RING BACK tones are managed ont he Verizon servers, and are controlled by Verizon.  You can request tunes for ring backs, and Verizon may make your requested tunes available, but you cannot upload and use your own clips.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

suzvitt63,

I know that I have some favorite tunes that I'd like to hear as my ringtones. While there are many apps out there that will have loads of tunes you can select from, you may also be able to find 3rd party applications that would allow you to create your own. I'd recommend taking a look in the Google Play Store and reading the reviews to see what app would work best for you.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No. You can not use your own clip as a ring back tone.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The apps the rep is referring to are for creating and managing your RINGTONES.

RING BACK tones are managed ont he Verizon servers, and are controlled by Verizon.  You can request tunes for ring backs, and Verizon may make your requested tunes available, but you cannot upload and use your own clips.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is probably also to do with copyright issues and to make sure that people aren't uploading clips they don't own.

0 Likes