Can someone from Verizon help me with getting a replacement battery?
NYSuperman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My device may be out of warranty, but I do have a protection plan for it that should help me get a new battery.  It only lasted 8 months and now it dies very quickly.  I purchased a new one on Amazon that ended up lasting only 4 months.  I'd appreciate someone contacting me so that maybe I can get a new battery for my phone.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Can someone from Verizon help me with getting a replacement battery?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NYSuperman

Having a working battery is a must with these advanced smartphones. What has been happening with your batteries?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NYSuperman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Christopher.  Well the original one that came with the phone only lasted 8 months and then started dropping from about 15% or so to 0% and then shutting the phone off.  I bought a new OEM battery, or so I thought, off Amazon.  It lasted 4 months and does the same thing.  I'm not sure it's even the batteries since it's done it to 2 different Samsung batteries.

0 Likes
Kev1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

My does the same it has to to with 5.01 which they fix some in 5.1.1

0 Likes
NYSuperman
Enthusiast - Level 2

They don't know if they'll ever release 5.1.1.

0 Likes
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

5.1.1 would be very nice, should help battery life as 5.1.1 supposedly fixed the memory leak issues that 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 had. Most people I've talked with or read about, who are on 5.1.1 on their Note 4's say that the phone is now snappier, not as much lag and the battery life seems slightly better. A few seem to have some issues, but the majority I've encountered seem to be pleased overall.

0 Likes
NYSuperman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm hoping this month will bring the 5.1.1 update.  I'm hearing 6.0 may be released in February.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NYSuperman-

We understand that software updates are something to look forward too because of the many enhancements they provide.  You can stay current with software release information any time here at http://bit.ly/n5snpq.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dkeith0514
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's a useless response...a link to Verizon news. Thanks.

NYSuperman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, but did you expect anything more from a great company such as Verizon Wireless?