Can't activate my Samsung Note 2
pgrudin

I have inserted the sim card that came with my new samsung. I have gone to verizonwireless site, identified the phone I am trying to activate, and then have dutifully followed the step-by-step.  After a wait I get to a page that says this:

"

Note: Failure to complete the following steps can result in your device not properly activating.

To Complete your Voice Device Activation:

1. Ensure your device is powered off.
  2. If needed, insert the 4G SIM card into the SIM card slot. Refer to the device manual if you have questions on the location of the SIM card slot.
  3. Power on your device. It may take a few moments for the 4G SIM card to register on the network.

To complete your Mobile Broadband Device activation:

1. Insert card/modem in PC, if applicable.
  2. Open VZAccess Manager.
  3. From VZAccess Manager menu, navigate to Options and select Activation."

This makes no sense to me. What modem? What card? where is VZAcess Manager--on thephone? on the computer? and it is is on the phone, I can't use it since the phone is not yet activated,and tells me to wait on all screens and commands until it activated.

Can anyone here tell me what's up?

0 Likes
Re: Can't activate my Samsung Note 2
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Insert card/modem if applicable.  It's not applicable if you're activating a smartphone; you follow the instructions To Complete Your Voice Device Activation.  Try turning the phone off, removing and then reinserting the SIM card, then powering the phone back on.

0 Likes
pgrudin

Thanks for the help. But I cannot figure out the Complete you smart phone activation. Don't I need to use VZAcess?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you shouldn't need to use VZAccess.  It should simply be a matter of going to the Activate or Switch Device section on MyVerizon, inserting the phone's MEID, and then following the prompts (basically, inserting the SIM card and allowing it to connect to the network).

0 Likes
pgrudin

Thanks. Problem solved.

0 Likes