Can't hear calls
bbabq4

When I make a call with my Galaxy Note 4 they can't hear me unless I put it on speaker phone.  Checking on line this seems to be a common Samsung problem.  Is there a way to fix this without giving up my phone?   I have had the phone for several months.  This just started a few days ago.  I have turned it off and restarted.  That was no help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't hear calls
Snn5
Legend

You'll be asked to perform a factory data reset.  Do so, but disable app data and restore in settings before you do so.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Try this.  If your phone works correctly, then an app is most likely the cause.

Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy Note 4

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow.

An alternate method is available if the device can be powered on and is responsive.

1. With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 logo appears then release.
  2. With the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 logo on screen, press and hold the Volume Down button(located on the left edge).
  3. Continue to hold the Volume Down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release.
    Note This may take up to 45 seconds.

Note Notes:

• With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
  • Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.
0 Likes
bbabq4

This did not solve the problem

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
bbabq4

Does anyone else have a solution to this? I really want this to get fixed but don't know how and Verizon store no help. What to do????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, bbabq4. We will try all troubleshooting steps to avoid having to replace your phone. When did this start? Did you notice this after installing an application or after any recent changes or updates? Does this happen with all calls or a specific number? 

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bbabq4

Have not installed new apps or updates. It is the same problem with all numbers that I call. I just cleared all the caches (per someone's recommendation). I have also restarted several times, have taken out the sim card and put it back in and taken out & put battery back in (all things suggested by help forums on line - this seems to be a pretty common Samsung problem). This started off and on a few weeks ago - I just thought I was from time to time having bad reception or something. But now (beginning about 2 days ago) it is constant. I got my phone in late Jan. of this year, so it is about 6 mo. old

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You'll be asked to perform a factory data reset.  Do so, but disable app data and restore in settings before you do so.

0 Likes
bbabq4

Be asked by whom?  Am I supposed to do this? How do I do it?  Am I supposed to take it to someone?  Who? How do I "disable app data and restore in setting"? Am I going to lose stuff?  What?  Will I have to set up my entire phone again as if it were new?  

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon will ask you to do this as part of the troubleshooting process.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless

That link explains in more detail.

0 Likes
bbabq4

This is really confusing. Can I talk with someone who can walk me through it? How do I preserve info? How do I restore it after process is done? It says this is last resort - aren't there other things to try first? In any event, I will need help with this do as not to lose important info and to be able to restore phone

0 Likes