I have a Samsung Note 3. it was tested with both a Verizon and AT&T sim cards to make and take calls before I bought it. I received my sim from Verizon and was unable to make or take calls, but did have data and text service. I worked with support on the phone and they determined it was likely a problem with the sim card, so they sent me another one. I inserted that card and it would not activate on it's own, as I was told it would. I called support again they were able to activate, and again, data and text worked, but no phone. They looked on their back-end and said the phone was still not registering for some reason, even though it said activation was successful. They troubleshot with me for about 40 minutes with safe mode, and even a factory reset to no avail. We opened a ticket with tier 2 on the 27th, and was told I would be contacted within 24 hours. I did get a text, on the 28th that the ticket was being worked on and to expect an update within 24 hours. I got a text today, 24 hours and 5 minutes later, that I should wait another 48 hours for an update. This is going on 9 days with the same problem. Does anyone have anything they can suggest? I have also done all steps in the Verizon troubleshooter, from the site.
Was this a new or used phone?
My only suggestion is run the Software Repair Assistant tool. It will reload the software on the smartphone.
Your basically connecting your device to your PC/Mac and running the program that pops up (Software Upgrade / Repair Assistant) to reload the software on the device. It will ask if you want to back it up as well. I've ran it on my friends LG G4 before.
It is a used phone. It was tested in front of me, and functional before I bought it. I will give anything a try though. I'll let you know as soon as I have done this.
Thanks for the suggestion!
No problem! I've seen older devices that have an AT&T sim inserted cause issues. So trying the repair assistant and reloading the software could work! It is def worth a shot. Let us know!!!
No Joy... I guess i need to wait for tier 2 to figure out the issue. 9 days, and needing to wait up to another 48 hours, seems like a like time so far though.
Thanks again for the suggestion.