Can't receive iMessage texts since update
LoveMyPyrex

So, apparently after the update, Im not getting texts from anyone that messages me from an iPhone...or groups texts if there is an iPhone user in the group. This is so awful! Help!

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive iMessage texts since update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LoveMyPyrex texting is how I communicate. Let's make sure you are able to text with all users. Have you recently changed from an iPhone to your current phone? Are you having any issues with phone calls or data?

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LoveMyPyrex

I have never had an iPhone...always an Android user. After the update, my

SIL (an iPhone user) said my text message color changed on 6/17. I

intially thought it was just her phone. However, after I wasn't getting

responses from multiple people, 6 different iPhone users confirmed they

have had to switch me from iMessages to SMS. I can't keep track of

everyone in my contacts as to who has iPhones and who doesnt...and contact

them all to have them change their settings. Rrrg

On Jul 21, 2016 8:12 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LoveMyPyrex, this is an odd turn of events. Are able to send SMS (text messages) to these iPhone users? What messaging app are you using?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That's an annoying problem to have, especially when the issue is on the other end. In addition to iPhone users ensuring thier iMessage is set to off for contacts that dont use apple devices, they should also correct the contact entry. In the iPhone contact list it allows the user to store numbers by category like Android, (Home, Work, Mobile, Fax etc) but with Apple products there's an additional category for 'iPhone'.

The option to turn on/off iMessage for individual contacts such as you only appears if they stored your number in the 'iPhone' category of the contact entry for you in their phone. Those messages are blue, and SMS are green. You can receive SMS, but if an iPhone user sends an iMessage to you or any other non iPhone it wouldn't be received by the other party, since it is not addressed properly. So instead of just turning off iMessage they should also change the contact category for their non iPhone friends to 'Mobile' to prevent future issues sending messages to other device types.

While software updates can alter settings, there isnt anything you, your phone or your software could do to change thier iMessage or contact settings. Around that same time (end of May) Apple did release a software update, and about a month later a software patch. The default iOs setting for iMessage is 'on'. That, combined with how individual users store contacts is actually the cause of the issue. It's definitely annoying to have messaging issues, but you can rest assured its not due to a problem on your end atleast.

0 Likes
LoveMyPyrex

I appreciate your input. Odd thing though, I was previously receiving

messages from all of these people. And, my hubs has the same phone as me

and hasn't experienced this issue. It's a real problem for me...there was

an issue with one of my kids the other day and I didn't receive any of the

texts b/c my neighbor (already in my contacts) was an iPhone user. ***To

answer a previous question, I'm using the Messages app for texts.

0 Likes