Can't send File Use Wi-Fi to send or receive files larger than 10 MB
wwjacobsons
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I send a photo to one of the other Note 20 Ultra's on my plan I get this message:

Can't send File Use Wi-Fi to send or receive files larger than 10 MB

When you try to send a screen capture or another photo that is well below the max limit size it can send, a circle comes up showing the progress of the send but it will never finish and it errors out.

The iPhone 12 and the other 2 Note 20 Ultra's work just fine.  My wife has this same issue when sending to 2 of the Note 20's on our plan but one of them works like normal as well as the iPhone.

Anyone else we start a text message with, add a photo, the photo is automatically made a smaller size and will send it.  Another strange thing is this only happens to me once and a while, only to the one phone.  My wife has it happen to 2 of the other phones only on our plan with her previous phone and with this new phone.

We have compared all of our messaging settings, they are all the stock settings, we have reset the messaging app, restarted, cleared the cache at pre-boot, updated all apps, we don't use facebook or any other type of messaging.

Labels (1)
Re: Can't send File Use Wi-Fi to send or receive files larger than 10 MB
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of receiving and sending files. Thank you for all the steps you completed proactively. To better assist you, please tell us a little more. When did the issue start? Were you able to send them before? Are other devices having issues while connected to the same Wi-Fi source?

0 Likes
bg36

I have the same issue, just started today and I have had the phone for months.  Is there a setting to auto shrink picture to 10mb?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected. What is the make and model of your device? 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
bg36

Samsung S21 Ultra

0 Likes
mirski57

Same issue here, 3 phones, all on the same family plan.

S21 is having the issue.

S21 --> Note10+ = success

S21 --> S21 Ultra = failure

Note10+ --> S21 Ultra = success

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Getting the help you need and deserve us a must. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. We will stand by.

0 Likes
JCE72

I have the same problem but only with sending to another phone on my plan.  It started recently but I can't recall when exactly.  I do think it was after an update release a month or 2 ago

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What's the make/model of your device?

0 Likes
Manda521

Same issue but only with phones on my plan. Both phones are Samsung S21. I can send to other people but if I try to send it to my fiancee it gives me that message and it won't send. 

0 Likes