Can't use phone
aaronpb2004

I just purchased a new Note9 from Verizon, as well as switched over to them. But for some strange reason I can't receive calls nor receive texts. HELP !!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't use phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to receive calls and texts, aaronpb2004. Do you still have your previous device with the other carrier? Do you know if calls are being routed to that device? How many days has it been since you switched? Are you able to make outbound calls? PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
aaronpb2004

I can make calls, but cannot receive them nor receive texts.

0 Likes
aaronpb2004

I don't have the other device, gave it to my friend. He installed his SIM card inside the that device and is using this device. I purchased my new Verizon Note9 yesterday afternoon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, aaronpb2004. When you are porting a number from one carrier to another, it can take a little while for the number to be transferred from the switch belonging to your first carrier to the switch belonging to your new carrier. During this time, you can normally make outbound calls and texts, but inbound calls and texts will be routed the wrong way. IS this similar to what you are currently experiencing? 

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes