Can we return/exchange the note7 at a physical, brick and mortar Verizon store?
Jonfive
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can we return/exchange the note7 at a physical, brick and mortar Verizon store?

I've been reading that people have been turned away.

If we are able to return phones to the physical stores, what are we to tell management if we are turned away? Contact a district manager? Call VZ customer service?

I'm assuming that franchisees may have the choice, I am speaking on Verizon branded/owned stores.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Return to store - conflicting answers
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

Jonfive, I know that this has been a stressful time for us Note users.  This situation is so unique and the information regarding returning the phones have sometimes changed by the hour.  We want to provide the most convenient way for you to return your phone.

Follow this line for the latest information on returning the phone  and on how refunds are being handled: Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

From our website: How do I exchange My Galaxy Note7?

If you purchased your Note7 from a retailer such as Best Buy or Wal-Mart, or an Authorized Verizon Wireless Retailer, please return to your original point of purchase to upgrade your Note7 to another device.

If you purchased your Note7 at a Verizon Wireless store, www.verizonwireless.com or from a Customer Service Representative, the most efficient way to replace your device is online, rather than visiting a Verizon store.

To upgrade your device online:

1.    Shop online to replace your device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/

2.    Select a replacement device and click Add to cart

3.    Under "Existing Customer" click Upgrade

4.    Sign in to My Verizon

5.    Select the Note7 to upgrade and click Continue

Follow the steps to process your order.

We'll send you a prepaid recovery box to return your Note7. You'll be credited for any Note7 equipment charges.

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

A Verizon customer service rep called our local Verizon corporate store while I was on hold to ask if I could return my Note7 for refund, and the local store told him only if I was exchanging it for another phone.  This was on 5 Oct.

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

Jonfive, I know that this has been a stressful time for us Note users.  This situation is so unique and the information regarding returning the phones have sometimes changed by the hour.  We want to provide the most convenient way for you to return your phone.

Follow this line for the latest information on returning the phone  and on how refunds are being handled: Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

From our website: How do I exchange My Galaxy Note7?

If you purchased your Note7 from a retailer such as Best Buy or Wal-Mart, or an Authorized Verizon Wireless Retailer, please return to your original point of purchase to upgrade your Note7 to another device.

If you purchased your Note7 at a Verizon Wireless store, www.verizonwireless.com or from a Customer Service Representative, the most efficient way to replace your device is online, rather than visiting a Verizon store.

To upgrade your device online:

1.    Shop online to replace your device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/

2.    Select a replacement device and click Add to cart

3.    Under "Existing Customer" click Upgrade

4.    Sign in to My Verizon

5.    Select the Note7 to upgrade and click Continue

Follow the steps to process your order.

We'll send you a prepaid recovery box to return your Note7. You'll be credited for any Note7 equipment charges.

Ralpht_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most corporate stores will not take note7 due to safety issues. I know on h were vzw keeps saying to return to stores but it doesn't work a few may do the upgrade but will not take note7.

0 Likes
DWIHOL22
Enthusiast - Level 1

They aren't treating as an "Exchange" like you would do at 100% of you national retailers for a recalled items. They are rolling everyone back to upgrade status and you get to pay the tax and UPGRADE fee again. But they'll credit you in 1 or 2 bill cycles. So if u don't have the money in hand now to"upgrade" on a Recall your [Removed]

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's importnat to ua that we make this recall process as easy as possible on you, ROYEVE47. Let's make sure you have the correct options for completing this process.

At this point in time we are accepting the devices at our corporate store locations Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless  We can also place an order for you, if needed. We are exchanging the phone for any of our available phones Deals On Cell Phones, Tablets & Accessories | Verizon Wireless  Please reach back out to us when you have the opportunity and we will be ready to help.

SteveR_VZW

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the upgrade on the phone after the hassle of going to two stores twice and my new phones will be here Monday.

I would like to return my two note7s to a corporate store but none in the salt lake city area will accept them. If you can please find a store here that will absolutely accept my phones I would appreciate it.

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

ROYEVE47, I can understand your concern with returning your device back to us.  Though stores should be accepting your returns, you will get a pre labeled box to return your device back to us.

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes