Cannot activate new note 7
ELIHOB64

Hello for anyone that reads this.

I just wanted to share my experience with Verizon which until now has been very positive and I love their coverage (Always nice when all your friends are waving their phones around trying to get 1 bar and you have 4G.

I financed the note 7 at a Verizon retailer on the 19th when it came out, I had to pay off a little of my remaining early activation fee and this is where the problem began.

After paying my early activation fee off and going through the normal pile of paperwork at the retailer we started to try and activate my new phone, and got no where.  The Employee at the retailer even stayed late past his normal hours to try and get it working for me, but after he went through all the tech support he could it pretty much came down to my switch order is pending, no one knows why its pending or how long its going to be pending.

Eh fine, stuff happens. I head home hoping that i will be able to activate my phone the next day. No luck, nothing has changed the next day and I go through online tech support with my Verizon where they try and activate my phone manually. Surprise they can't do anything and refer me to "Tier 2 Tech Support." since apparently Verizon follows the some hierarchy as Hell and you have to travel through each one of the rings or something of that nature. I head off to work and when I come home phone still isn't working, (Pending, yay!) so I call Tier 2. We go through all the normal stuff and they can't figure out anything either. Its time to call in the big dogs.

Tier 2 tech support puts in a trouble ticket with IT so that they can start troubleshooting the issue, yes I am now in the 3rd ring of Verizon support/Hell and this is where I am currently residing, supposedly I will be contacted by IT at some point, I strongly doubt it and I expect to have to learn the magic number combo to make it through tech support enough to have someone that can look up my IT status and tell me they couldn't resolve anything so they sent my ticket to Graham Bell through an Oracle that can speak to the dead and he is now troubleshooting it.

I will keep updating this as I go and hopefully this helps guide someone away from upgrading their plan with Verizon, I am starting to think I may have to actually change providers simply because they don't know how to work on their own system.

0 Likes