Cannot send or receive MMS messages
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new Samsung Note 4, 32 GB, almost 22 GB free,  14GB  free on SD card.

I cannot send or receive MMS messages .. no pictures, no group texts.

When I go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks there is NO option to add an APN of any type.

I have tried MMS with both the device default Messages and with Verizon Messages+. Pictures are not sent or received. I have seen that many people have had this issue, what is the fix for it? This is the second Note4 that I am having the issue with. It is model N910V and was purchased new.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send or receive MMS messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing the app cache for the messaging apps?  How many text messages do you typically send in a month?

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes and, Verizon Messenger + Is newly installed so cache would not be an issue. The number of text messages that I send per month is well under triple digits. Please note: "When I go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks there is NO option to add an APN of any type." Is that they key to this issue? If so, how do I get the ability to specify and APN?

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, this problem started immediately with the new phone and the default messaging app. I then installed Verizon Messenger + with no improvement. I had a new SIM card installed at the Verizon store and no improvement. My Note 2 sent and received fine with the SIM card that was originally in it, from the same ZIP code.  The Note 4 with the old or new SIM card will not send or receive MMS messages. My Data and WIFi work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dave,

We certainly want to make sure that you can use all of your features effectively. Are you not able to send/receive any MMS messages or is it to and from a certain number? With Verizon Messages uninstalled or disabled does the basic messaging app work?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

1. If it was only a problem with certain numbers I would have said so. I cannot send or receive MMS messages from any of the numbers that I could previously send to and receive from with my Note 2.

2. As I noted above, I started with the basic messaging app which was unsuccessful and then installed Messages + and that also did not work.

Let me as you this. IS an APN name required for MMS messages to work?  As I also noted above: "Please note: When I go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks there is NO option to add an APN of any type. Is that they key to this issue? If so, how do I get the ability to specify and APN?"

SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

And to add one more item, I am unable to send or receive MMS messages to my own phone. They always stay in 'Sending' status.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The APN should be pre-populated by the SIM card. Is there a VZWInternet APN already in the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, i do not see that field

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok

0 Likes