Re: Cannot send or receive MMS messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not a field. When you view the cellular networks setting, there is an option for Access Point Names (APN). When you touch that you view the APNs loaded on the phone. That is where you find the VZWInternet APN.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, there is no setting that I see for the APN.

I do not see anywhere on the phone the APN.

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, there is no setting that I see for the APN.

I do not see anywhere on the phone the APN.

There is no option where I can view the APN.

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

After further testing I have found that I cannot send and receive MMS messages when connected to WIFI, even though phone is also on the Verizon 4G network. If I disconnect from WIFI then MMS messages are sent and received. Shouldn't the phone be automatically switching off from WIFI when an MMS message is sent or received. My old Note 2 did not require manually turning off the WIFI

0 Likes
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee
We appreciate the effort you've made to get this sorted out, Dave. Right now, do you have Smart Network Switch activated in your phone's Advanced WiFi Settings?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried with the Smart Network Switch activated and with it disabled. Made no difference. When The phone is connected to WIFI I cannot send or receive MMS messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuraiDave, we understand how important it is for you to be able to send and receive MMS messages from your phone.  We are here to help you get this resolved.  Can you check to make sure your mobile data is turned on.  If mobile data is turned off you will not be able to send and receive MMS messages.  

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuraiDave, together we will get your pictures sent. Does this happen with different Wi-Fi connections or just one? If just with one Wi-Fi connection, have you been able to restart the router and test?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SamuraiDave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mobile data is turned on and it is an issue with more than one WIFI.

To repeat, when WIFI is off, I can send and receive MMS messages, when i have WIFI on, I cannot.

My old Note 2 works fine if I swap the SIM card back into it. The Note 4 does not, it will not send or receive MMS messages when WIFI is on, it is obviously not auto switching. This is the second Note 4 that I am having the problem with.

Rather than go back and forth playing 20 questions, why don't you either point me to a site that shows what all the settings should be or, ask me in ONE communication about whatever settings you think may be problematic?

Once again I will state that I don't see any setting on the phone that shows the APN, that is the only obvious difference to me between my old Note 2 and my Note 4.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuraiDave, we want you to be able to utilize your message application even when on WiFi. Is your device currently updated to the most recent OS version? Also, is your messaging application also up to date if you are utilizing Message+?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes