Cannot send regular text to someone with Mobile data off... or send sms most of the time at all
mattbward

I am having a lot of trouble sending text messages.  I get them fine but cannot reply to them.  It just sits there pretending to send randomly.  If I have my mobile data off it won't ever send texts even using the stock Messages app with the default group text mode disabled.  Anyone know why I cannot send text messages without my mobile data enabled??  I feel this might be the root of my texting issues.  Note these are plain LOL and simple texts with no attachments. Even with full bars of 4g no luck half the time sending with mobile data enabled...

This started with the Kit Kat update.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send regular text to someone with Mobile data off... or send sms most of the time at all
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you use a signature or any special characters in your "regular" text messages? If so, that might automatically switch them to MMS style messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send regular text to someone with Mobile data off... or send sms most of the time at all
mattbward

Nope, no signature or attachment. Went into a Verizon Store on Saturday and they called in the issue but only were able to get it to send a text with full 4G bars after powering the phone off for two minutes then powering it back on and resending.

0 Likes
mattbward

Still cannot send pix messages or text messages without attachments from my home.  Signal is showing -103 dbm aud  Drop calls in the house now with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as well....

0 Likes
mattbward

wow no other help on this I guess

0 Likes
Not applicable

Cellular data must be set on. Messages don't go over WiFi.

After its turned on, send a test text and Multimedia Message.

Good Luck

0 Likes