Cell Signal Strength... Lollipop?
grl1855
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my upgrade to Lollipop, my cell signal at my house is basically non-existent.  I'm in a large suburb of Detroit and my Note 3 shows "Roaming".  When people call, it goes right to voicemail.   I've done a complete Factory restore and nothing has changed.  My daughter has the IPhone and doesn't have this problem.

So who do I talk to?  I want to ask Verizon Wireless if there has been a change to the signal in my area, but I see no option for that on the web pages.

I call the local Verizon store, they just shrugged their shoulders.  I'm one that actually uses my Note 3 for the phone and no one seems to want to address the issue.

If the Lollipop update created this problem, will anyone at Verizon/Samsung acknowledge that and indicate if a patch is coming soon.

I've gone from really appreciating my Note 3 and being a strong supporter of Verizon to  thinking I might have to change cause I need a cell signal on my phone for both work and home.

Where do I turn?

Re: Cell Signal Strength... Lollipop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We defintely don't want you to leave. It is frustrating to deal with service issues when you're used to having good service. Before we suggest this is due to the software update, there are troubleshooting steps we can try. Have you tried to power off the phone and remove the sim card?

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
grl1855
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried all the usual stuff, including removing the battery and SIM

card, done a factory reset, etc. As I am typing this now, my phone is on

the dining room table saying no service and my daughter's IPhone shows

three bars for 4G. I've missed two business calls in the last two hours

and if I want to talk to you , I can run out in the street and get about

two bars, probably only 3G

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We surely don't want you to have to run to the streets to make a phone call. How long has service been like this for you? Have you ever had a network ticket filed?

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
grl1855
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the point of my question. How or who do I talk to about this? I

went to the Vstore and didn't get any advice. I don't have to run to the

street but I often have to sit on my porch. I am typing this at my dining

room table, main floor, all windows for the room, and I have a "x" for my

signal strength!

On Jun 4, 2015 6:58 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
ohman

My cell signal strength is garbage now smh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have a strong signal, ohman. What is your zip code? Do you also have the Note 3? Is this impacting your voice or data services? Can you please provide your signal strength by going to Settings>About Phone>Status>Signal Strength.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problems about a year ago.  They never did do anything to fix it.  I finally wanted a phone that worked and got a Note 4 which worked great till the Note 5 came out and they sent the Note 4 an update  5.0.1 which ruined that phone.  I am waiting for the fix for that, but are running out of patience.  Seem like when the new model comes come they break your old one and expect you to buy the new one to fix your problems or have a phone that works properly.   Not this time!  Waiting on Nexus 6P and Fi network.  Verizon is loosing my business and they are loosing the business of hundreds, maybe thousands due to their refusal to help us... 

BTW  I don't think they ever fixed the Note 3...

0 Likes