Charging Wired vs Wireless
SOSANC79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have they established yet if the danger is when charging via wire?  Or would wireless charging pose the same issue?

0 Likes
Re: Charging Wired vs Wireless
Weth
Legend

The recent explosions with Samsung devices did not occur during wireless charging

Galaxy Note 7 recall poses threat to Samsung suppliers | Financial Post 

8th paragraph

Also:

Verizon announced that it has stopped selling the Note 7 and is making refunds or exchanges free through September 30. Full statement:

On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device’s battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it.

0 Likes
SOSANC79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wonder if we return the "defective" model now to exchange, when the cleared models are available, will we be able to then swap back to the N7 with no fees?

0 Likes
TAINO87
Enthusiast - Level 3

Knowing Verizon, the reason why they gave 30 days to replace the phone with the stocking fee waived is so that they can charge it up front later on when the problem is fixed.

0 Likes
rosaliemagistro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi .. I was told there are no fees just now on the phone with verizon. they are also giving an allowance for accessories you bought in the amt of $ 25.00 I was told 

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I'm curious on where the info on wired verses wireless came from as I have asked the same question?

I have only used wired charging a couple times,  I  have pretty much use my wireless fast dock daily since I got the phone on August 19.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The Financial Post article did not give a source for the info on wireless charging not causing the fire problems. However, there have been several other unverified but independent reports of the phone getting hot when attached to corded charged, but not getting hot when wireless charging.

Regardless if you use wireless charging exclusively or not, your smartest bet is to get a replacement phone.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

My phone is in fact getting very hot on the left side,  seems the same either way.

I turned off rapid charging,  will see if that helps.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

As an Fyi, overnight, with fast charging disabled, my phone got warm, but expected charging temp in my opinion.  No where near what I was experiencing with fast charge enabled.  Guess I lose this feature until my replacement happens.

0 Likes