Clock Issues
write4food
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been experiencing issues with the alarm clock not going off when it's suppose to, as well as the phone not keeping the accurate time? I set an alarm last night for 0600, it didn't go off. When I eventually woke up at 0730, the the time on the phone said 0615. After toggling the WiFi off and on, the clock jumped to the accurate time. Is there anyway to resolve this that anyone know of?

I've turned the automatic setting off, for keeping the time - issue still happen.  Out of pure frustration I've done a factory reset.

But I want a solid fix.  Is this a Verizon problem or a Samsung problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Clock Issues
AZSALUKI
Legend

i haven't experienced this? do you block notifications at night or anything like that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi write4food,

We want your phone working! Is it working better now after the full reset? If you set the time to be manual, it shouldn't be updating automatically to something else. Do you use any applications or widgets for your alarm? We look forward to hearing from you!

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
write4food
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it hasn't worked.  It specifically doesn't keep the accurate time in the early morning, between 0430-0730.  I know how strange that might sound, but there are several post on different Android sites specifically dealing with this same issue, all Verizon customers.  Which leads me to believe it's a Verizon Note 3 issues. 

All the common sense solutions I've applied; doing a safe mode to isolate the app, resetting, blocking/unblocking, clear the cache, etc.  There is an issue where it doesn't keep the accurate time.  I don't know if this in part due to Wifi issues, or Verizon's programming.  But the phone is not reliable as an alarm clock. I say that because I wiped the phone, and did just the basic Verizon stock (which I shouldn't have to do) and the problem persisted.

This is frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello write4food,

I completely understand how important it is to make sure that your phone is reliable. If you leave WiFi off durning the night, does the time keep correclty between 4:30 and 7:30AM? If so, it may be an issue with the time being given by your WiFi router itself. Have you tried resetting the WiFi router?

Please keep us posted on any changes that occur when trying this. Thank you!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes