Compensation
MELHYD34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upset Note user...

I came from a galaxy s6 edge plus. I was very happy with the phone however, I have always loved notes so I upgraded SOULY for this phone. After a million phone calls to verizon and trips to exchange the 1st phone, you made it right and gave us a small credit and new phone at no cost. Now this...I've spent money on accessories from a 3rd party and I'm being told there will be no compensation for it. Now I have to use my upgrade on another phone i could care less to have. Waste of an upgrade now. I'm beyond disappointed and seriously upset about the entire situation. Now I'm getting another new phone, that I really dont want but no choice and have to buy all new accessories for it!? How is this fair!?

Re: Compensation
MELHYD34
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S....I cant go back to an old phone because we traded in and my husband has the note 7 also. We do not have any other phones just laying around that we can use.

attydavidh
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are absolutely correct that this is totally unfair. I was very happy with my Note 5. Should have stuck with it. To get the same Note 5 is $795. Wasted upgrade AND out almost $565 just to get the same old phone back.

MELHYD34
Enthusiast - Level 2

NEWS FLASH....So I made a trip to Verizon last night, actually I made 2. After a call to Samsung, who only transfered me to Verizon and then Verizon never answered...I made 2 trips to the store and STILL have my Note 7. Why may you ask....well let me explain. Now I am being told that I will get a full refund for the 2 notes I have. Great...but it will take 2 months to get my money back that we paid in taxes for the phones to begin with. WHAT?!! Then I can choose 2 new phones and have to repay for taxes and an activation fee. Are you kidding me? First off...I do not have the money to repay for taxes until you decide to give me my money back to begin with. Secondly...why can this not be an exchange like it was offered in the first place? Verizon says it no longer offers an exchange. I did not pay for activation fee the first time because I ordered them online. It was suggested I try that again. Ok, so I go online to try and guess who is being charged with an activation fee? Yes, me. I am now beyond livid. This has been the worst ordeal ever. You tried to make it right the first time and we just went along with it but NOW we are asking to pay taxes on a new phone and we won't get our money back for the note 7's for 2 months. We will not be refunded for accessories we bought from a third party PLUS we have an activation fee on top of it all. I should not have to be paying for all this and losing money. I am being forced to upgrade on a phone I do not want. So I lose my upgrade, lose my money, all because of something I had absolutely no control over. THANK YOU SAMSUNG....for absolutely nothing!!!

0 Likes
MELHYD34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would fight it...that is not fair AT ALL. This is absolutely insane. The least they could do is TRY to make this right for people.

juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

I’m disappointed to learn about this horrible experience you’ve had with trying to receive your credit for accessories purchased and also exchanging your device. I know the issues surrounding the Note 7 have been frustrating and I want to make sure we make this right. In regards to the accessory refund and exchanging your Note 7, did you refer to the point of sale for each store visit? Was this a corporate Verizon Wireless store location?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you call during your order process online, I've seen where the Verizon rep was able to credit back the activation fee.

0 Likes
NTENSE0911
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not having issues with new exchanged Note7 I'm not trading and taking a financial hit.

0 Likes
DrBubba72
Enthusiast - Level 3

NTENSE0911, you really need to, since they're not making the phone anymore.  There will be no support, no updates, no fixes, no nothing.  You'll be using an orphaned device with no way to resolve any issues that crop up down the road (assuming it doesn't explode first).

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have insurance on the device, make sure you cancel it as you would not be able to file a claim if something happens to it.

0 Likes