Complaint about salesperson saying a NOTE 8 promo was still good when it wasnt.
Danfrommn

Absolutely awful service from sales people and from the manager. I was lied to by the sales person about a promotion for a free camera. I upgraded my note 5 for a note 8 because of what the salesperson told me. I specifically asked the sales person if I would qualify for the free 360 degree camera and he said yes. I told him I didnt want to trade up unless that promo was still going on. Turns out the promo ended the day before.  I now have 2 extra years of payments that I didnt have with my nearly paid off note 5. The manager I just spoke to at 10:40am 9-28-17 could not have cared less and basically told me off. He did not care at all that his employee was telling people the wrong information to get the sale. Assume their sales people at the Fargo Mall 3902 13th ave sw store dont know what they are talking about when you go in there. I now have a $480 bill and 24 more months of payments because of this. My note 5 is gone, the manager is a complete failure and I am out $480 and didnt receive the camera which was the reason for the upgrade. This is an awful store run by a manager who could care less. Think twice before bothering to do any business with this store. I never will again. I had been a customer of theirs for 5 years.  When these 2 years are up, I will be done with verizon. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complaint about salesperson saying a NOTE 8 promo was still good when it wasnt.
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you say the note 5 is gone I take it that you did ask for it back? How much time went by from the time you signed for the new phone to the time you found out that you missed the promo? You would think that they would have had to hold on to the note 5 for a certain amount of days. I thought but I could be wrong that a person had so many days to cancel a contract if you did not like the phone, ( I know you would have to pay a restock fee ) and several other reason that I can't think of right now. I am sure there will be others coming on here to straighten me out on the law and how right the store was but I really thought that we had some kind of protection against things like this and if we don't we should. Just my humble opinion. 

0 Likes
Re: Complaint about salesperson saying a NOTE 8 promo was still good when it wasnt.
Danfrommn

Yep, I asked the manager about coming back in and picking up my note 5 and he said it wasnt there anymore.  I went there originally on monday the 25th.  Tried to sign up with samsung promo the next day, got an email back from them saying I wasnt qualified, emailed the sales person, didnt get a response 2 days later, then called the store.  The manager claimed the salesperson is part time and hasnt been in.  The sales person was nice but if they dont know the correct answer, they shouldnt say anything.  The manager said "he should have checked the promo before telling you that".    I put in a request thru samsung asking if they would allow this since the purchase was less than 24 hours after their promo ended.  So 3 days later, my original phone is gone, I am out the camera, I have a note 8 with 24 more payments and Im paying $480 for something I didnt need since my note 5 only had 2 payments left on it.  Ive had the note 3, note 4, note 5 and now the note 8.  I like the phones, but there wasnt any need to upgrade.  It was solely the promo that brought me in.   Live and learn I guess.  Ill never go back to that verizon for anything and will be looking at some other provider once the 2 years is up.   2 years of looking at something that is going to remind me how I got took. 

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator,

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you buy at a verizon store or a kiosk in costco??

0 Likes
Danfrommn

Verizon store (main store in mall)

[removed]

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes