Re: Data connection stability issues since lollipop OTA?
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your original reply to this posting was a factory reset. Didn't help. Nor does resetting the sim card.

0 Likes
paradisevalleylofts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here after the Lollipop update. I always had a 4G signal, and I'm not in the greatest service area but it was reliable and stable. I was rarely in 3G. Now I'm constantly in 3G and nothing even loads, the 3G signal is useless. I had the Note 4 three days before I updated and began having issues directly after the lollipop update. Battery life went down a bit because of this. I just spent $739 on a phone, I'm really considering returning it and buying something off eBay. What's the point of a powerhouse phone on a useless network? I love everything about the Note 4, except the 4G issue. It is very annoying. Same issue with my G2 after the KitKat 4.4 update and on the G3 I had before this Note. It is obviously a software issue, not hardware, however I won't hold my breath for a fix then be stuck with this phone for 2 years.

0 Likes
paradisevalleylofts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset, followed by several power cycles did not solve the issue. I also turned off advanced calling, no help there. If I can get a guarantee this will be fixed I will wait otherwise I'm gonna return this phone.

0 Likes
paradisevalleylofts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any solution to the issue? I won't be stuck with a phone that doesn't work properly. The only thing going to fix it at this point is a 5.1 update, and I probably won't hold my breath for a fix as my g2 had the same issues after the kitkat update and a fix never came.

0 Likes
paradisevalleylofts
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have a reliable working phone Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Did you start experiencing issues with connecting to wifi and data connection after the update? Have you tried running your phone on safe mode? If not, can you run your phone on safe mode then test data and wifi connection. For directions on how to run your phone on safe mode click, http://vz.to/1B30APG

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
prvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just tried my note4 on safe mode. I got one bar on 4G (116 dbm). Our samsung S5 sitting right next to it has 2 bars, 108 dbm.

0 Likes