Dead Air Phone Calls with Blue Tooth and Speaker function?
SteveQuintanaRealEsta
Enthusiast - Level 2

My experience with Note 4 speaker function and blue tooth headsets is they malfunction as often as they work properly during phone calls.  When the speaker or blue tooth is activated during a call there is dead air between myself and the other party.  I am on my fourth Note 4 in a month due to this problem, that is I bought a new phone and Verizon has sent me three replacements in an effort to fix the issue.  Each phone has malfunctioned in exactly the same way.  Verizon and Samsung are unable to discuss this with me other than to go through all the diagnostic steps every time I call to ask for help.  I am at the point of either living with the problem or changing phones altogether.

Something I find amazing is when I talk to Verizon or Samsung they say this is not a reported issue.  Maybe I am the only person who had this experience.  Maybe I got the only four Note 4's (in a row) that malfunction like this.  Maybe. 

This leaves holding the phone to my ear, which is rather old school and does not work with my state's driving laws.   Any fixes or reality checks are welcome.    

Re: Dead Air Phone Calls with Blue Tooth and Speaker function?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SteveQuintanaRealEstate,

I'm saddened to hear that you've had such an experience with your Galaxy Note 4's.  It sounds like Verizon has done everything possible to assist with your Samsung devices.  Have you noticed any patterns to when the malfunctions occur?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SteveQuintanaRealEsta
Enthusiast - Level 2

The pattern is that the malfunction occurs around 50% of the time.  I can run it in safe mode, restart it, reboot it, factory reset it.  The malfunction pervades the use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a pattern that we don't want to see SteveQuintanaRealEstate! Have you tried other Bluethoot devices?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes