1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Device Maintenance, Samsung Cloud, and Auto Restart Missing!
wraith2k
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fell for it also. Though samsung cloud is there. You have to use a 3rd party app (like Nova launcher) to add the shortcut to your home screen. It's not how Samaung intended as seen on every other carrier version other than Verizons version. I have another week and if they dont fix it i might just head to AT&T and return verizons crappy Note.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ever wrote:

If anyone knows about this, please let me know!!!

There's several related threads, i.e.,

Galaxy Note 7

Device Maintenance and Auto Restart Missing

BONESCO372
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hopefully Verizon will bring it back in the next software update, which takes almost 6 months.  I'm thinking about switching back to Sprint, so I can use a Note 7 like it was intended to be used!

NISMORACER_206
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what i was getting own here for as well. It really [removed] me off that all the other note 7 owners have all the extra great features and us verizon owners are missing out. We only get that stupied NFL and other crap that nobody cares about having on the phone. I really feel like switching as well cause we are missing out on the phone and what it really can do cause of this crap. It's not right VERIZON we should get all the things that come with the phone that we pay for and not what you want us to have.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
REVERENDMADDISON

Couldn't agree more. Why can't Verizon keep its mitts of perfectly good software and hardware. I watched lengthy video reviews and technical tutorials on the phone, in eager anticipation of receiving it. Sadly, I began to realize that Verizon had sliced out parts that were perfectly useful. The article cited in the original post summarizes all that is wrong with carriers interfering with design of hardware and software. They should stick to what they do -- providing a service at pretty hefty price. Yes, they have very good coverage, but that doesn't excuse the consistently poor corporate decisions which are rarely in favor of the customer.

0 Likes
wraith2k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  I travel for work and Verizon was my choice because of the coverage. I was on Sprint, but id consider going back or switch to AT&T or T-Mobile just to get the real Note 7. Not Verizon's wanna be hack.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I came back to Verizon for this?  I read about the Samsung Cloud being removed to force us to us VZW's crappy little 5 gig cloudlet. So I went on the chat and was told an out and out lie that Samsung Cloud was not removed. Based on that fib i went ahead and bought the device. Now i'm sorry ..... got 2 Verizon Note 7s. I will look into returning to ATT.

0 Likes
wraith2k
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fell for it also. Though samsung cloud is there. You have to use a 3rd party app (like Nova launcher) to add the shortcut to your home screen. It's not how Samaung intended as seen on every other carrier version other than Verizons version. I have another week and if they dont fix it i might just head to AT&T and return verizons crappy Note.

0 Likes
parksaeh12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't quite understand how Verizon can do all these things without informing the consumers. I guess I could have waited to buy my phone and researched on my own from other sources of everything Verizon excluded from the note 7. Verizon is starting to make some really poor judgement calls, borderline wrong, and people are taking notice!! Let's hear from you with an explanation for these decisions! I spent days trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone with every representative not knowing the answer only to find out if was Verizon that did this to the phone... I think people are wanting answers and changes!

0 Likes
NISMORACER_206
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I doubt I will hear anything back but I sent a email to the 3 higher ups of verizon and told them about all this and how the people are getting mad so I guess we will see if they respond back of just blow us all off.

0 Likes