Dialing
Dozer217

Why is my Note 9 making me dial area code for local numbers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dialing
bearone21
Legend

the phone number could be the sam in another area code.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am happy to answer this question for you, Dozer217. Depending on your local area, it may be required to dial the area code when you make a phone call in order to ensure that your call is routed to the correct number. Is there any other Verizon Wireless question I can answer for you today?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Most locations now require you dial the entire 10 digit phone number for calls. This is not a Verizon requirement but a requirement needed due to new area codes constantly being introduced, even within a single local area. Many towns now have different area codes even within the same town. This is why ALL phone companies(cellular, VoIP and landline) routinely require a 10 digit phone number to make a call. You simply have to get used to it.

This has changed in the past and has changed once again. Long ago, I simply had to dial a 4-digit number to connect a call within my town. Then when more exchanges were added in my town, we had to dial the entire 7-digit number. Now with multiple area codes available even within the same city, especially with people keeping the same number even when they move to new areas(due to "prestige" legacy area codes in an area) most if not all telecommunications companies require the full 10-digit number.

0 Likes