Dictionary
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with the dictionaries.  I use the s pen to highlight a word and I get the definition, but I also know that I am also suppose to get an option to look that word up in another language.  When I dig further I find out I only have the availability of 1 English dictionary.  I used a friend's note 5 and this feature works perfectly.  So I checked and sure enough she has options for many different language dictionaries.  I have been trying everything to download them to my note 4 and it says they're not available.  Yet I was able to download many more to her note 5 easily.  She is also running Marshmallow. My understanding was you didn't need Marshallow, but is that why hers is working?  There should be an easy fix and it shouldn't be that I have to wait for Marshmallow.  This feature was suppose to be available when the phone came out with KitKat.  I would appreciate anyone's help.  I'm very frustrated that I can't get this to work.

0 Likes
Re: Dictionary
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aprpeciate messaging in regarding your Note 4, and utilizing the S-Pen for multi language dictionary support. It is very likely that this feature is not available for your Note 4, and it's S-Pen. Are you able to add compatibility for an additional language under handwriting recognition? You may want to reach out to the manufacturer for more info on this. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate an answer.  However, I couldn't be more disappointed with it.  I have been a customer of Verizon for at least 15 years, but most likely longer.  I have stayed with the company for 2 reasons - the excellent cell service and the superb customer service.  Unfortunately the latter has been suffering greatly as of late.  I know Samsung manufactured the phone, but I bought it from Verizon.  I would expect that you know how the products you sell work.  I know the feature works on the Note 5.  Did I educate you on this information or did you actually know that?  Whether I did or didn't educate you, I would like to know if it is working because the Note 5 was updated to Marshmallow or has it always been working before Marshmallow?  Hopefull, you have a phone that has not been updated to Marshmallow that you can test to see if the update added the feature.  If it is due to the update I guess I have to wait until the Note 4 receives it.  If it is not due to the update, I would like to understand why this feature is not working on my Note 4.  I don't feel it is my responsibility to contact Samsung.  I feel the superb customer service I used to receive would have had the answer for me and if not they would have contacted Samsung and gotten the answer.  I really hope people see this email because your competitors are aggressively improving their networks and their is a good chance that the difference in cell service will eventually be negligible.  Which means if you are not competively priced and don't have superb customer service you may lose lots of customers to your competitors.  It saddens me greatly, that this company that I have referred probably over 100 people to has been (in my opinion) moving down the wrong path.  I hope you respond back to me in a timely matter with a much better response than the first.  Hopefully, the first response was just an oversight.  I eagerly wait for your help that I know you are capable of giving me.  Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

0 Likes
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still would appreciate an answer.  I am assuming the forum doesn't know it.  However, it is pathetic that a Verizon rep. doesn't know an answer to this question.  You sell the phones.  You should know your products.  I hope someone might know an answer to a follow up question.  Assuming we get Marshmallow at some point, will the dictionary with the S pen work properly then?  Like I said before, I know it works on the Note 5, but it has Marshmallow.  I wish I would've tried it before the update.  Does anyone know if it worked before Marshmallow?  Because if it didn't, then maybe this is another feature that will be fixed with Marshmallow.  If we ever get it.

0 Likes