Did Verizon Remove the "Missed Notifications" for the Lock Screen on The Galaxy Note 2?
NissanGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just picked up my GN2 and I noticed that when I receive a txt or miss a phone call, There is no notification circle icon on the lock screen. My Verizon GS3 had this feature, and my friends Sprint, and AT&T Note 2's have it. Is anyone else having this issue???

0 Likes
Did Verizon Remove the "Missed Notifications" for the Lock Screen on The Galaxy Note 2?
balliet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just missed a phone call and on the lock screen there was a red 1 next to the phone icon.

0 Likes
Re: Did Verizon Remove the "Missed Notifications" for the Lock Screen on The Galaxy Note 2?
NissanGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are referring to the Shortcuts at the bottom of the lock screen. Those work fine. I am referring to the Missed Call/Missed Txt Notification bubbles that appear in the middle of the lock screen. When you slide them towards the middle of the screen, it takes you to that missed call/txt.IMG_3466.jpg

0 Likes
Re: Did Verizon Remove the "Missed Notifications" for the Lock Screen on The Galaxy Note 2?
Aikidood
Contributor - Level 1

Is it something that you can "turn on"? The Note II is my first Galaxy so I have no idea...

0 Likes
balliet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never saw those before on any phone.  This is something I'll have to research.  LOL

0 Likes
joet076

Noticed the same problem also, had this feature on my GS3 for Verizon.  Now was curious to try out the s pen hover over it on the note 2 and its gone. 

0 Likes
joet076

I looked all over the settings options, even turned back on the ripple effect thinking maybe it was linked to that but with no luck!  Unfortunately this is the only post around so far in ref to this issue but my guess is Verizon prob disabled it from there end.  Real shame when you buy a phone showing off all these great features and than be ripped off like this!  By the way the Verizon model also does not have the do not disturb mode that was released in Jelly bean and available on both T-mobile and AT&T models of the note 2!

0 Likes
NissanGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has apparently made several "enhancements" to this phone in some attempt to make it inferior to the international, and other US versions. It's mind boggling how and why Verizon goes out of their way to break a perfectly good phone. Seriously, ..there are Verizon engineers that spend time and money removing these great features from a phone that Samsung and Google have designed to work perfectly...its pathetic.

Soooo....

Verizon has removed the quick settings button to turn wifi on and off...forcing the user to go to the wifi menu to change the setting...added a god-awful wifi popup to "encourage" you to use a wifi hotspot instead of the Verizon Data service you pay for every month...

Verizon removed the ability to scroll though every home page on touchwiz. It now stops at each end of each side of the homepage.

Verizon removed the very useful Missed call and Missed Text notification from the lock screen.

Verizon removed the ability to add or change apps from the multi-window feature.

Verizon removed the do not disturb feature from android.

And finally, Verizon plastered their logo in every perceivable location on the phone so they make sure you know who is in charge.

Thank you Verizon...if I wanted this kind of control of my product, I would have bought an Apple product!