Disable swipe to call
Lesstol
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really need to disable the swipe to call feature. It was on my 7 edge and still on my note 8. This has to be the worst feature ever. It's very sensitive. At least make us agree to call like you have to agree to delete. I have called so many people and it's usually at like 5am when I'm getting up for work and checking my messages.

I am tired of inadvertently calling people. I've done a search on the topic and it's been an issue for years. Please Verizon, make an option to disable it on the messenger app. I have tried other messaging apps and I like Verizon the best except for that stupid swipe to call feature.

swipetocall  disableswipetocall

0 Likes
Re: Disable swipe to call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the desire to manage the settings on your device Lesstol. We are happy to help. If you open the phone app on your device, there will be three dots in the upper right corner. Please click those dots and choose Settings. There you will have an option to turn off Swipe to Call or Send Messages. Please keep us posted on the results.

0 Likes
endoracing

There is no option to disable it and that is the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Endoracing, I do apologize as the settings that you are looking for in the Galaxy Note 8 are located under Advanced Features. You will see "Palm swipe to capture" and you will want to switch it off.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If there's no option to turn off the feature, download a different dialer application from the Playstore and disable the built-in one.

Sometimes reading the reports of people with problems on their Samsung phones, I wonder, who writes and and who tests their software? It's no wonder Samsung is always pushing updates. Probably this is what helps to keep VZW busy from getting to validating updates for non-Samsung devices and providing them OTA.

0 Likes
JORTUR70
Enthusiast - Level 1

This solution has nothing to do with the problem. Who writes this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JORTUR70,

Our apologies for the trouble. It seems there was a little confusion with your issue. At this time there is not a way to disable that feature. You can visit your Google Play store and choose the Message+ app and contact the developer directly. We will also lift up this feedback on your behalf.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes