Do i have to start all over making phone payments
Huggyjd28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had an s7 edge. When note 7 came out i paid off the s7 edge for $300. So the s7 edge is paid in full. It was my phone. So now i go online to get rid of the note 7 to get my old s7 edge back. Verizon wants me to start all over again making new phone payments on the s7 edge. So what happens to my $300 that i paid off the first s7 edge? Seems like im getting the royal shaft herd.

0 Likes
Re: Do i have to start all over making phone payments
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee
Huggyjd28,

We definitely want to make sure there are no unanswered questions. We are glad to assist. We need a little more information to assist. When you paid off your S7 Edge, did you trade it in for a trade-in credit through our device recycling program? Please provide details so we can better assist.

0 Likes
Huggyjd28
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. I had to pay off the s7 edge and send it to verizon i recieved my note 7. So basically, I owed $300 in payments on my s7 edge. I paid it off . So if i still had the s7 edge i would be finished making the device payment and my bill would go down. So now i have to start all over with device payments again?

0 Likes
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee
Huggyjd28,

We want to make sure we get to the bottom of this for you. If you pay off a device, you are not required to send it in during an upgrade. Do you remember why you were required to send in your S7 Edge during the upgrade process?

0 Likes
Huggyjd28
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to pay $300 to i guess edge up to the note 7. So now that i have to go back to my s7 edge  , i will no longer be edging up so i should get my $300 back because im back to where i was before this note 7 fiasco started.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You didn't pay the S7 off otherwise you didn't need to send it in.  You only paid half the phone off so you could upgrade early.  You still owed half the price on the S7.   Verizon forgave that debt in exchange by giving them back the phone. 

0 Likes