Do they waive the upgrade $20 fee when returning a Note 7?
AztecLily

The text I just received from Verizon is instructing me to return my device online rather than in-store and do it as an "upgrade".  However there's a $20 upgrade fee being charged when I do.  Will that fee be waived?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do they waive the upgrade $20 fee when returning a Note 7?
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just called back to Verizon and was told that the $20 upgrade fee will be credited when they get the Note 7 back and the $25 Samsung credit will also be applied.  IIRC, the Samsung credit is only if you stay with a Samsung phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BPMARQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just returned from Verizon and no they will not waive this fee.

0 Likes
LinMcHugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did mine online, and ordered the Pixel XL. They charged me $20, then credited it right back.

MILLERHSTEPHEN

Nope, nor the taxes!  I was just at a store and was told two different stories [will post].

0 Likes
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered via phone and they told me that I could only waive the activation fee if I bought some bundle that included a case, charger and something else.  But others are getting the fee waived.

0 Likes
BELLAPOISON
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW online chat told me first to go to a store to "avoid fees" for the exchange/upgrade. When I pointed out that was contrary to the instructions posted on their own website, they kept telling me to go to a store. Finally, a chat Supervisor said the fee would be credited back, but couldn't say if it would be an immediate credit, or on the first bill or what.

0 Likes
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just called back to Verizon and was told that the $20 upgrade fee will be credited when they get the Note 7 back and the $25 Samsung credit will also be applied.  IIRC, the Samsung credit is only if you stay with a Samsung phone.

0 Likes