Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Does Samsung/Google Pay work for my phone?
patcornelis

Do these services work with Galaxy Note Edge?

Which one is better?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Samsung pay or Google pay
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

They should both work with this phone. Of course I assume you mean SamsungPay and AndroidPay(formerly known as GooglePay)

The one which is better is the one with which you are more comfortable.

SamsungPay has a few more capabilities in that it is compatible with more terminals. If it is a terminal which requires a chipped card to be inserted into the terminal, I have had better results with AndroidPay.

Additionally, I feel the one which is better is the one which is offering the better promotions at the time. Currently AndroidPay is running a promotion where you will qualify for a free Chromecast if you perform 10 transactions before the end of February. My free Chromecast is currently being shipped to my home.Smiley Happy I don't know of any current promotions for SamsungPay.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

They should both work with this phone. Of course I assume you mean SamsungPay and AndroidPay(formerly known as GooglePay)

The one which is better is the one with which you are more comfortable.

SamsungPay has a few more capabilities in that it is compatible with more terminals. If it is a terminal which requires a chipped card to be inserted into the terminal, I have had better results with AndroidPay.

Additionally, I feel the one which is better is the one which is offering the better promotions at the time. Currently AndroidPay is running a promotion where you will qualify for a free Chromecast if you perform 10 transactions before the end of February. My free Chromecast is currently being shipped to my home.Smiley Happy I don't know of any current promotions for SamsungPay.

Hghlndr

SAMSUNG Pay is unavailable for ANY samsung devices other than the latest: S6, S6Edge, S6Edge+, and Note 5.

Only TapnPay in US for Android Users is Android Pay other than Bank issued accounts for TapnPay: Chase, etc

Hope this clears it up

0 Likes