Downloading Texts - Why?
Freddie408

Two weeks ago for some unknown reason, my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone started using data like crazy.  So, whenever I am at home, I turn off data and use wifi.  A lot of my texts (group and photos in particular) require "downloading" and I usually have to select download over and over again.  It never downloads on the first try.  This is extremely frustrating.  I have loved my Note 3 until this point.  Any suggestions re texts or the date usage issue?    Also, I am not that tech savvy so go easy on me.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloading Texts - Why?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Group/photo texts won't send/receive over wi-fi unless you're using Verizon Messages ... they require a data connection to send/receive, but they count against your text plan, not your data plan.

However, once you turn your data on for the text messages, you may have other apps that will use data for updating. 

And it sounds like your phone may have received a recent update that changed some settings.

See if the info. in these threads help (while not specific to the Note 3, the suggestions still apply):

Re: high data usage Galaxy s4

i don't understand data useage.. why is my phone using so much data?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Downloading Texts - Why?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Group/photo texts won't send/receive over wi-fi unless you're using Verizon Messages ... they require a data connection to send/receive, but they count against your text plan, not your data plan.

However, once you turn your data on for the text messages, you may have other apps that will use data for updating. 

And it sounds like your phone may have received a recent update that changed some settings.

See if the info. in these threads help (while not specific to the Note 3, the suggestions still apply):

Re: high data usage Galaxy s4

i don't understand data useage.. why is my phone using so much data?

0 Likes