Re: Dropped calls on note 4 vs note 3 vs note 2
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

Of course, for me that will go out of my 2 week trial period and I already paid the $35 restock fee or however much it was.  In the meantime, the cost of the first note 4 from back in November, which I returned as well, is still on my bill even though I have called VW more times than I can count to get it rolled off.  What a mess this company is.  A behemoth.

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

Jason_Nipp, did you get your issues resolved?  I think I may go back to my Note 2 and not use the Iphone 6+ any more.  Just not liking it at all and miss the Note features.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I was wondering if the phone had been returned and the issues fixed too.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I can confirm that as of 5 minutes ago my Note 4 is still dropping calls. 

I can also confirmed that the Galaxy S3 I had for 2 weeks as a loaner from Verizon never dropped one call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jason_Nipp!

I'm sorry to learn that your Note 4 is dropping calls. Let's get to the bottom of this. When did this begin and do you notice a pattern at all? How many bars of signal are you getting? Is this happening in a specific location or in all diff areas?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Hi again Chris... after 3 NRBs, 5 Sim cards, a "Like New" refurm replacement, and finally a two week wait for Samsung to reflash my phone,...  I'm afraid the I might come off as angry responding to you... So can you just read this whole thread?   I was confirming to the other two Verizon customers that sending my phone into Samsung did not resolve my 68.7% drop call rate...  that percentage an actual number I got from Verizon Level 2 by the way.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If you only had a means to disable the XLTE band on the device, since the S3 isn't using those frequencies.

Really, what you need to determine if your area has poor XLTE service is to be given another Band4 XLTE enabled device to use, like an LG G2 or G3.

If one of those devices works fine with no dropped calls, I'd say, the issue is with the Note4's design (radio, antenna, something), although it's possible you got two poor examples of a Note4.

If a different make/model also drops, I'd say the XLTE service in your area just isn't cutting it. Christina's question isn't completely without merit. It could be XLTE is performing better in certain areas of town than others.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Stef, I was agitated because Christina her self had asked me the same question previously, and maybe more than once.

My coworker has an AT&T Note 4 and diss by side you can seer the signal level difference.   So I am going to have to blame xLTE on this issue.   Others I know in my area with Verizon are suddenly having signal issues.  I really wish Verizon would stop saying they can't do anything about the issue and take accountability for a system problem.  

They told me I could leave, because I live in an area where signal is not strong.  But prior to that they said I lived in an area with very strong signal and that I lived between 3 towers.  Well fine, I would like to take them up on letting me out of my contract, but the Note 4 is on the Edge program and they want me to pay the balance , like 800 dollars.  If I had 800 at this exact moment it wouldn't be an issue.  But I don't have our right now, and Verizon is going nothing to retain me, or to make me feel that my 10 plus years of being a loyal customer means something.

Verizon, how are you going to limit churn when you won't address major customer issues?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about that, Jason_Nipp. You have done quite a bit to try to get this resolved. What we want to do is take your information to provide to the software team here at Verizon as well as the team at Samsung in order for additional testing to be complete. We appreciate all of your feedback.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I'd really like to have Samsung our Verizon buy out my Note4 Edge Contract so I can move to another carrier. You guys could have easily kept me happy by exchanging my device with another model, and or offering me a free network extender.  I'm not paying $250 to access the Verizon network I don't have a problem accessing with my other devices or this line prior to aquiring a Note4.

Private message me for my contact info.