Re: Dropped calls on note 4 vs note 3 vs note 2
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, I totally agree, the area goes from high density to rural in about 1 mile, across a mini Grand Canyon.  Is it possible to fill out a request to have a Verizon technician come out and analyze the area?  Like I have said, I am fine on my first edition Note 2 and I was fine on my first edition Droid.  The Note 3 and the Note 4... I feel like I'm trying to call from Mars.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

colfrmb2, let's bring you back to earth. I would love to have the chance to review your area a little closer. I did send you a Direct Message. Can you please respond back to that message? I hope to hear from you soon.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
angialex
Enthusiast - Level 2

So nice to know that I'm not the only one having this (along with another issue that will take some personal 1-on-1 tech support).

I too have been experiencing MORE than the 'average' amount of dropped calls since updating to the Note 4.

I'm very interested in learning if or what fix will be configured regarding this issue. Like you, I too can get excellent reception when I'm in a more populated area and where 4LTE is the 'norm' and NOT the 'exception'. FYI: Zip Code is 63863.

And with that, I hope you finally reach Mars. This is Venus dropping........

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want any customer experiencing a large amount of dropped calls, angialex. We work hard on our network to avoid that! I don't see any recent reports of service troubles in your zip code, but do see signal can generally vary in the area, especially indoors. Are you using a case of any sort on your phone? Are calls the only thing you've noticed a difference on since upgrading?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
angialex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jennifer

To answer your inquiry,  no,  I am not using a case,  and as far as any variances,  I haven't noticed any from out or indoors, but have noted that although I've never had the top of the line signal available in my area (no 4LTE) so,  yes, there's been the 'Can you hear me now' line used on occasion, but it's more frequent now. Whereas my reception beings MUCH improved when traveling and occurs within an approximately 15 mile radius.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

angialex,

We can't have this. We take these matters seriously. Is this the same device, the Note 4? Please share. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
angialex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes,  it's the Note 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info angialex! Can I assuem that there isn't any liquid/physical damage on the device? Also, have you noticed any patterns with dropped calls? For examples, with outbound calls only or to landline phone numbers?

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
angialex
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no water damage to the phone. As for having noticed whether it's incoming or outgoing calls, I have not made note of.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It's possible the Note2 was not a Band4/XLTE compatible device and used frequencies in the 700Mhz range (4G LTE) which would propagate better and penetrate buildings better.

Band4/XLTE capable devices (like the Note4) will use frequencies in 1700Mhz or higher range, and if you're indoors that could be material to you and your reception or calls dropping.

Do your calls drop when you are outside?

0 Likes