Dynamic Lock Screen won't turn off/was enabled without user
Ezrahk

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986U)

Recently, my phone's Dynamic Lock Screen enabled itself and was noticed when my background picture changed itself from my normal background. I had this issue a few weeks ago but the issue had seemed to resolve itself. I believe the issue is with a recent software update, as the previous time this issue occurred a recent software update had been deployed. As it is right now, the Dynamic Lock Screen has enabled itself and will change my background. 

When trying to disable this, depending on how I get to the option, I am met with conflicting statuses. When long pressing on the Home screen and choosing the 'Wallpaper and Style' option, I am told that the lock screen wallpaper services is set to 'Dynamic Lock Screen'. When going into the option to change the service I am using, the 'None' option is selected, and the 'Swipe left for info page' is not enabled. Trying to enable the Dynamic Lock Screen, exiting the screen, and going back to disable the Dynamic Lock Screen  results in no change.

The other way of getting to the Dynamic Lock Screen settings is by going to Settings -> Lock Screen (shows 'None' under Wallpaper services on this screen) -> Wallpaper Services. Under the final screen, this shows 'None' as being selected the the wallpaper services as well as having 'Swipe left for info page' being disabled.

No matter what I do, at some point the Dynamic Lock Screen will enable itself or change my background from whatever I set it at. Is anyone else having this issue as well? Or does anyone have any ideas or advice to fix this? I do realize a factory reset might be in order, but I'd like to save that as a last resort.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dynamic Lock Screen won't turn off/was enabled without user
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your device is working properly, what is the current software version on your device?

~Pam

0 Likes
Ezrahk

SP1A.210812.016.N986USQU2FVG5

If that's not what you're looking for, please let me know what and where to look for.

As a side note, the issue has not occurred since a few days after first posting about the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Ezrahk. Just to clarify, the issue is not happening any longer, is that right?

-Rosie

0 Likes
Ezrahk

It actually happened again two days ago. It occurs sporadically, and there doesn't seem to be an actual trigger to it. At least, not one that I can notice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those details, Ezrahk. We would like to look into this further. Please meet me in private note.

-Angie

0 Likes