Re: Early Upgrade for Note 7, Now I have to Downgrade and Reset Contract Date?
Weth
Legend

You are minimizing what can happen. The phones don't just overheat and melt, there is enough heat to burn whatever the phone is near and start fires. That is much more than overheat and melt. You are willing to bet 500 other peoples lives that when you fly this won't happen, keeping in mind that a phone has already done this on a plane? You are willing to bet that you will have no problems with the phone since there will be no support or updates offered? You are willing to bet that if something does happen and property or people or hurt, that lawyers will not come after you for civil and criminal liability? You are willing to bet that Verizon or Samsung won't send out a signal to the phone to essentially disable the phone with no recourse to get anything back since the refund period has expired? That is a lot of bad bets.

0 Likes
mgoelkers
Enthusiast - Level 2

You clearly did not see the irony in my "I would be willing to bet that statistically, I have a higher chance of dying in an automobile crash on the way to turn in my Note 7 than actually having my Note 7 overheat and melt." Of course I don't have any ill intentions of injuring others. And I am sure Verizon will begin limiting features on the phone, forcing people to turn them in.

This post started off as a question to other people in the same situation as me and what their experience has been, or possibly Verizon if they cared to get involved into what my options are. I'm sure there are more than just a small handful who are affected.

I appreciate your input, but me spending $600+ on someone else's mistake just because Verizon doesn't feel like reverting me back to the plan I was on 2 weeks ago, or allowing me to upgrade at an earlier date in the future, is not a scenario I am willing to accept.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You are right, I did not see that you were joking . I apologize. There are many that are dead set on keeping the phone without regard to the dangers potentially posed to others. The risk may be small, but the potential resultant harm is great. They will also have a phone that has no support potential for any problems. It really makes no sense to try to keep it. Unless it is in its original box, never used, and hold it to be sold many years down the line.

0 Likes
mgoelkers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but no need to apologize. I too would be upset at someone willingly bringing a device on a plane that has the potential to cause harm to others.

0 Likes
DAVEANDCLAIR

I am having the same issue! I have been fighting with them. I trated my notes 7 in (had no issues) and ended up with a s7 edge which I had just paid off and turned in for the note. Now I am back to an s7 edge and paying for three dang think all over again!!!  I have already paid for this once why should I be paying for it again. Stuck not being able to upgrade again for 2 years unless I pay off this phone contract.  That is [Removed] in my opinion.  They are getting $700 out of me twice. Not my fault they can't give me back my old edge phone.  They used to have one of the best customer service but lately it's been bad. Only want there dang money, the heck with the customer.  I can't believe there aren't more people complaining about this! I keep calling and getting the same excuses.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVEANDCLAIR, we understand your frustration regarding the return of the Note 7. We want to make sure you get the assistance you need. Did you receive a refund when you returned your Note 7? How are things going with your Galaxy S7 Edge? 

YeseniaV_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVEANDCLAIR

Yes I did get my credit for the note but my biggest complaint is that

before I did my upgrade I had a s7 edge,  which I had paid in full to do my

upgrade per your contract stipulations.  I gave you my old s7edge  got my

note,  then after making 2 payments had to trade that back. Now I know I

had the option to switch to a different phone at that time and I thought

about switching to the iPhone but your sales reps talked me I to staying

with the galaxy, which I have always loved.  My biggest complaint is now I

am paying all over again for the same phone I already had and have no

option to upgrade for 2 years (without paying it off again!) In my opinion

is shouldn't have to do that.  So basically I am paying for this phone

twice. I know who happened wasn't Verizon's fault but it wasn't mine

either! I have been with Verizon for quite some time and I have 5 phones on

my account, I am very disappointed in the service for a while, this area is

supposed to have full service and I dare someone to come here and try and

make a call from my house. I keep getting told that it is the lake I live

by that kills the signal and I can buy your extender to help. reply is why

the heck should I pay for an extender. Funny I have friends on other plans

that don't have that problem.  I pay the same for my plan as anyone in the

country does that has a great signal I should get the same great signal!

[Removed]

So that is my complaint in a nutshell.  Sorry you asked? I would be.  I can

tell you once these phones are all paid for we will probably be leaving

Verizon.  I know it won't mean much to you but I will be telling everyone

about this unless something changes.

Thank you for contacting me.

Clara [Removed]

On Feb 12, 2017 5:57 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

off topic conversation and personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

DAVEANDCLAIR​ , I can assure that the entire Note 7 Recall debacle was not an experience that we wanted for you or any of our customers. We always want our customer's to have the phone that they love and understand having to trade your phone was not ideal. We are glad to see that you did receive credit back for your Note 7, but we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing service issues.  How long have you had issues at home? Are you only experiencing issues in this location? Send us your zip code.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
DAVEANDCLAIR

If you look at any notes on my account (if in fact they really put them there) I have had trouble for a long time! The last time I called in was before I got my note upgrade.  The person I spoke to at that time told me if I wasn't happy because of the way we are paying for the phones we could just walk in to the store hand them our phones and walk away. Not sure why she said that cause THAT'S NOT TRUE! 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVEANDCLAIR, let’s get some resolution to your signal issues. This is a public forum and we don’t have access to your account information here. It is important that we get the service that you deserve and clarify your options. We regret that the communication went wrong. Please reply to my Private Message.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes