Re: Email Issue since Marshmallow Update
KJIsaacson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mark,

I downloaded the K-9 app. It's easy to use, and works perfectly. As far as I know, the issue with the native email app hasn't been addressed.

Ken

0 Likes
Rescue911911

I'm having the exact same problem on my Note 5. Help.

0 Likes
Megates
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my upgraded edge6+ as well as my wife's new s7.  The email client worked fine prior to the latest andriod update and emails deleted from the server (optimum) would be deleted in the email app after a sync.  After the upgrade, when I delete from the server, the mail stays in the email app even after multiple syncs.  Eventually it seems that it might be deleted but maybe the next day - I'm not sure, I'm still testing that.  K9 works fine.  There is clearly a bug in the email app.

SHAKEN2

The new email app has created a Trash folder on the local device that is not connected to the email server. So when an email is deleted on the device using the native email app it moves the email to this off line folder. If you have deleted several emails, and they re-appear in your inbox after syncing with the server again you will notice that these emails are sitting in this Trash folder that is on the local device. See the picture below. You will notice 2 trash folders. 1 under the server and 1 on the device.

We need a fix that will allow us to map the server based Trash folder correctly in the native app.

As a workaround there are 2 options.

1. if you don't mind getting rid of youre email and dont want them in your deleted items folder on the server you can navigate to the local Trash folder on you device, select all messages, delete them and it will remove them from the inbox on the server and the trash folder.

2. If your like me a like to keep those emails around for a few days you can select multiple emails at a time to delete and move them to the server based Trash folder. Not ideal but it does work until they address how to map the Trash fold to the server based folder. Screenshot_20160720-184053.png

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you sure the note5 is pop3?? 

auto setup creates an imap account & when you delete from imap, it's gone on the pop3 server.

0 Likes
LUCKY_DAY
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Galaxy S5 now has "THE" e-mail sync wonky problem too. Get this, I can send but cannot receive any NEW emails .. but I can sync only OLD emails from 3 weeks ago, no new ones, only the old ones! I have two  POP3 accounts and one works flawlessly while the other has this wonky problem! I fired up my old Samsung S4mini and it now shows the xcat same problem as the S5. These POP3 accounts used to work fine on both phones. Since email no longer works I installed the "BlueMail" app on the S5 which has NO PROBLEM retrieving fresh emails on all my accounts. So, why don't the resident Android email apps work consistently any more?

0 Likes