Error 402 when updating Note II to 4.3
rh1n0

Can anyone shed any light on this?

My device is not rooted.

I have a Mac; When I follow the directions to try and use the Software Upgrade Assistant by plugging in my device and clicking on the disc on my desktop, the only choices I have are to install .exe files which aren't compatible on the Mac.

I am at a loss and I consider myself pretty tech savvy.

Does anyone have a link to the software upgrade assistant in .pkg or .dmg?

If you have a Note 2, maybe you could copy those files and host them somewhere and provide me with a link?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Error 402 when updating Note II to 4.3
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you might need a Windows computer to use the Software Upgrade Assistant.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rh1n0
0 Likes
rh1n0

These are my options when plugging in the Note II to my Mac and clicking on the optical disc image on the desktop.

Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 6.51.01 PM.png

0 Likes
rh1n0

To be more specific, these instructions don't seem to make sense (image is from my Desktop):

http://websupport.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/80195/#macintosh

Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 6.57.30 PM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rh1n0,

Updating your software should be a piece of cake! May I ask if you have any issues doing it over the air by going to settings > about phone > software update > check new?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rh1n0

Thanks for your response and yes, you are correct it should be a piece of cake as that's how I normally do it. I have attempted OTA Firmware update no less than 5 times at this point. Each time time the phone shuts down, I get the little Android with the spinning geometrical shape and about 2 minutes later it stops, the Android is then laying down, chest open with the exclamation point in a red triangle above his chest. The phone then reboots and says the following "Update Failed - Congratulations your phone is now up to date" which is hilarious because it is not. Still on 4.1.2 and when I go to check for the update again, it shows that it failed with error 402.

This seems like it would be so so simple if I had a PC as it seems all your tools are optimized for that platform, As well as Samsung's Odin program. But, I have a Mac and need a solution for that platform aside from running Windows on it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying rh1n0. It looks like the Macintosh version of the software is only supported for the Galaxy S 4 at this time. Have you tried updating over wifi as well? Please wipe your cache partition, then try again. This will not erase data.

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

• Volume Up key
  • Home key
  • Power key

• When 'GALAXY Note II' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
  • When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  • Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  • Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
  • With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport