Every few days I have to turn off phone in order to get a signal
taspillers4

Every few days my phone will show no bars and I can get no calls or messages. I have to restart the phone. Why?

0 Likes
Re: Every few days I have to turn off phone in order to get a signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help you get to the bottom of this. What is the make and model of your device?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Phone should be restarted daily.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Say what? I haven't rebooted my phone in weeks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's just a general practice I have always used.  Keeps things fresh and from running amok and I treat it like I would a PC.  But, it isn't a MUST do, it's just what I advise.  At least for myself.  I have been known to go 2-3 days without rebooting. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OP claims a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as the device in question.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm. My computers, both work and home, don't get rebooted unless the Windows updates request it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, my Windows PCs auto-restart after updates.  As of late, that has been almost everyday since Windows Insider Updates have started for Win10.  I just make sure I am done with what I need to do around 3AM and then I don't lose anything.

I typically wake up and unplug the phone from the charger, check for any messages, then long-press the power button for 10 seconds as I walk to the bathroom and it has rebooted by the time my teeth are brushed.

0 Likes