Exact content transfer from one phone to another?
veacct3

I am thinking about keeping the Note 7 I purchased and exchanging it for another Note 7 when that becomes available, if not from Verizon, then directly from Samsung.

I am wondering if I started using the Note 7 before the exchange is ready, when the new Note 7 gets exchanged, is it possible to have all the contents of the Note 7 be transferred exactly to the new phone?

0 Likes
Re: Exact content transfer from one phone to another?
bearone21
Legend

samsung smart switch will do all but pics & music phone to phone.

samsung smart switch can be used to xfer music & pics from pc to hone.....usb drop down menu must be changed from charge to file xfer/media/etc.

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure about "exactly", because I've never tried Note7-->Note7, only Note3-->Note7; but that was close.  Apps did not retain their individually customized app settings, but the most important apps had an export/import settings function that allowed me to copy over the exported data & custom settings to the new phone for import back into each app.  But in that case, I was moving from Android 5 to 6, so maybe that makes a difference?

I plan to also use the PC version of Smart Switch to backup to PC too, but I would expect the direct cable method from phone to phone would be the first choice.  Also plan to first export settings from a bunch of apps on the old phone and save those files for import to new phone apps if needed.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i replaced the s5 with the note5 in december & all apps xferred with settings intact using smart switch.

0 Likes