Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Excessive Data Usage While Tethering
carman1976

I use my Galaxy Note 4 tethering/mobile Hotspot to run my laptop at night.  I did the same thing with my LG G3 before I got the Note.  I always use somewhere around 20 G of data between my 5 lines.  Starting 24 hours ago, tethering is outrageous in the amount of data it is using.  Like 15-20 G in a day.  Literally 1 G in less than an hour.  Not streaming music or movies, not watching videos, just using the Web for work.  Spoke to several customer service and tech support people at Verizon today, the most help I got was the last tech support who credited me half the charge to move up to the next data package.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  What can I do?  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Excessive Data Usage While Tethering
RushFan2112

Did your laptop decide it was time to do a Windows Update?  That can easily chew through that much data.

0 Likes
Re: Excessive Data Usage While Tethering
carman1976

No, it didn't update.  I can literally connect my laptop to the Hotspot and go to a browser, nothing else....and watch the data fly away at the rate of a gig every 20 minutes

0 Likes