Exchange requires box and all materials
denbush
Enthusiast - Level 2

After receiving an email from Samsung saying turn off Note 7s and exchange them , I went to a corporate store and downgraded to S7 Edge this morning.  Was told since I no longer had box and all packing materials I would be charged a restocking fee.  I kept the dang thinks until earlier this week.  There goes $70  for two boxes. 

0 Likes
Re: Exchange requires box and all materials
IncredibleJedi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Temporarily exchanged my N7 this morning for an S7 Edge, and they required everything, too. They did let me keep the earpods.

0 Likes
bbrown450
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am hoping that this becomes policy. I to down graded to the Edge. Unlike you I was not told that I can exchange for the N7 again when it is avail. I did say that I felt victimized being forced into options that benefit  Verizon more than the customer. BTW my store was not a Verizon corporate but Aplus wireless. Another example how THEY NEED TO MAKE A UNIFIED STATEMENT .

0 Likes
denbush
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to make things better, I was told one price and today when I logged into Verizon to see the receipts, they hit my credit card for an additional $70.  So I ended up paying $140 in restocking for two phones.  I can't imagine what it will take to get this back.  We already spent nearly 3-1/2 hours getting the initial swap performed.   We simply walked in, were immediately greeted by a customer service rep, told him we wanted to exchange Note 7s for S7 Edge and 3.5 hours later all was done.  Even data transfer only took 8 minutes. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

makes sense, would you like to have some funky earbuds on the exchange??

0 Likes