Exploding Note 7 Replacement By Mail
TODDANDREWS22

I have the exploding Note 7.  Just received notice that new ones will be available on Sept 21.  I don't really feel like going into the corporate store and spending three hours.  Can I just put in an order to have a new Note 7 shipped to me, I'll get it set up and transfer data from the exploding to the non-exploding version, and then send the exploding Note 7 by mail?  That would seem like the most efficient way to handle for VErizon as well.  Why don't you do this?

0 Likes
Re: Exploding Note 7 Replacement By Mail
VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

Carriers do not seem willing to ship/handle the EN7; something about these devices having the potential to burn-up in a runaway chemical-thermal reaction. We'll just have to haul it to a corporate store or a non-corporate store or arrange a back-alley exchange all by our lonesome.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TODDANDREWS22, I understand the pandemonium around the getting the newly anticipated Note 7. As we truly understand that getting the phone as quickly as possible is our goal for you. At this time, the store would be the best course of action to receive replacement. For more information, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree, the nearest corporate store to me is 200 miles away.

JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

not helpful, didn't answer the question - the stores don't appear to be getting enough Note 7s and don't think they should be replacing phones bought online.  Looks like pre-order buyers are forced to get in line behind brick and mortar buyers.

If you're really insisting using the stores, here's an easy idea - send out a message to all the phones bought online that is a letter from the CEO directing the store employees to replace the phones, no fuss, no muss, no dickering over parts (I certainly don't have the box or plastic that covered the screen.)  You walk in and show them that message and the job gets done.  Still doesn't help the gentleman above who lives 200 miles from a store, but you already knew that.

VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

I keep waiting for the definitive word as to how online buyers will be integrated into the recall/replacement procedure; waiting for the next shoe to drop perhaps in receiving an email or text with a FedEx or UPS tracking number denoting a new phone on its way. Has anyone ruled-out that possibility?

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ruled out?  No.  Then again I haven't ruled out winning the lottery or living til I'm 200 - I'm just not counting on it.

That being said Vlad, a wise man once observed, "never assume malice that which can be explained by stupidity"  Since we're talking Verizon Wireless and not VZ corporate, it is POSSIBLE that they're planning on doing the only fair and reasonable thing and replacing our phones the way we bought them, but that putting those plans into effect or even communicating them is held up by layers of bureaucracy and management disfunction.  One can hope.

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Folks living in remote areas are well aware they will not get the top-hat service as a person in a big city. They live with it by choice.

About mailing the problem is this Note7 is now deemed a hazardous/inflammable material and has to be declared as such. So how to get it back to the vendor? Perhaps someone with experience with such items can shed some light on it.

I already have an official Verizon Letter saying pretty much what you have expressed. I am going to print it and take it with me when I go to pickup my replacement Note7 at the "Corporate Store", just in case I get the run around. The letter/email/announcement is not signed by any CEO, but then Verizon is here to stay and CEOs may come and go. I prefer the Corporate announcement any day as it is definitely an enforceable instrument.

VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

JSM71, I want to stop using the word hope as it would pertain to this situation but I hope something as I described will happen. Did the majority of Note7 buyers flock to the stores to get this device? Media gave the impression that online pre-orders were in overwhelming numbers or so I read.

RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't understand the concern of shipping it back if the thing is shut off.....

However, during my chat with Verizon, I was told I had to go to a cooperate store or I could buy one online and ship mine back, BUT I would have to pay and be charged for the new phone and refunded when I returned the other one.

I'm in the I want to charge my battery fully before turning it on, then transfer my stuff via Samsung Switch and then use my computer to transfer other files, factory reset the old phone, etc, and I do not want to be rushed in a busy store doing so.

I preordered my phone. You know I have it. You know I am still using it. You know it is recalled. Put my name on a blue Note 7 and ship it to me! I shouldn't have to call, or chat, or pay for a new one or do anything really, if you don't get the old one back in "14 days" then charge me for it, like normal upgrades. This isn't some random toy purchased by who knows who. They know I have it, it is simple to just send a new one to me...Heck, keep the $25 bill credit even for the inconvenience of doing so.