Extending Contract?
Sue6703

I broke my note 2 like a month ago and my contract wasn't over yet.

I asked the workers at Verizon and they said there was no way to fix it and I was told to get a no contract phone and add it onto my plan.

I then asked how much the no contract phones were and they said it was 700 dollars or something.

I obviously can't get that because it's too expensive, so I went and got my old phone I used to have and had to add it onto my contract.

I honestly think that there's another way to get a note two with the 2 year plan. I also heard that if I extend a contract, I'm able to get the note 2 for the real verizon price, which is like 99.99 dollars right now. If I extend a contract, what would happen and what am I supposed to tell them if they tell me I can't extend a contract? Is there another way to get a note 2 with a cheaper price?

0 Likes
Re: Extending Contract?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't extend contracts, you sign new ones.  One option is to add a line to get a subsidized price for a new phone.  Of course, then you'll be paying for that line for the duration of its two-year contract.  Have you checked ebay or swappa for a gently used phone?

Sue6703

yes but if i buy a phone off of ebay, i don't know how they got it. It might be a stolen phone and I don't want to go through all the problems with it. Do I need to pay for renewing a contract? Would it take a lot of time?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You also don't 'renew' contracts ... you can elect to sign a new two-year contract when you finish your current contract.

Since you indicate you're currently still under contract, your choices for a replacement phone include:

• pay Verizon full retail price for a new phone
  • buy a gently used phone off ebay or swappa
  • activate a previously used phone or one borrowed from a friend
  • add a line to your account and get a subsidized phone (and as noted earlier, you'll pay for the extra line until it's contract is complete)
  • buy a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement phone through Verizon (Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program | Verizon Wireless)