FM Chip Disabled on Note 10 Plus
KUHawksR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know Verizon policy is to no longer disable the FM Chips inside phones that have them however I think they missed enabling it on the Note 10 Plus.  I am not able to get into NextRadio because of errors that reads in part, "NextRadio doesn't have access to the FM radio receiver in your device."   

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
Re: FM Chip Disabled on Note 10 Plus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ever consider it might have been Samsung that didn't include it or didn't have it certified by the FCC? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

20+ years with gte/verizon & i can't recall any verizon phone with fm capability.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bearone21 wrote:

20+ years with gte/verizon & i can't recall any verizon phone with fm capability.

I can. The HTC Thunderbolt for one. There were others as well, but I didn't own them so I don't recall those models. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rickinsav

Every Samsumg Galaxy... up to and including the S10 series.

0 Likes
Rickinsav

I am interested in this too as I use Next Radio almost every weekend.  Just wish they'd put in Bluetooth as an output option.

0 Likes
KUHawksR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ Tier 2 tech confirmed chip is there and blocked by VZ network. Surprised him as well considering policy changed quite a while back to no longer block it. Told me he would escalate .. but I'm not holding my breath.

mama23dogs
Legend

In order for FM radio to work, there has to be a headphone jack as it acts as the antenna.   

Samsung has removed the 3.5 headphone jack, so an active FM chip is superfluous, so Samsung didn’t include it.  

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mama23dogs wrote:

In order for FM radio to work, there has to be a headphone jack as it acts as the antenna.   

Samsung has removed the 3.5 headphone jack, so an active FM chip is superfluous, so Samsung didn’t include it.  

That would be a good reason why it doesn't work. 

0 Likes
Verizzi
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't work on the unlocked Note 10+ either.