Feedback to Verizon re Note 4 Edge OS operations.... Updates soon? Hopefully.
deputydog95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded to an Edge from a  Note 3.  They are both running 4.4.4 Kitkat.  The Note 3 ran flawlessly...  Things I've noticed on the Edge.  1) The OS can be laggy at times with slow response and occasional freezing 2) The battery life is horrible. Yes, I run the phone with "everything" on but I'm a business user and I'm constantly working via the phone.  Battery life on the N3 was infinitely better.  3) The auto screen brightness sensor is way too aggressive.  No matter when try it, day or night, it more or less makes the screen as dark as possible making the phone unsuable.  4) Links onscreen can be way too sensitive.  Simple scrolling up and down often results in opening a link I didn't want to see. 5) Drop down menu can be challenging at times to pull down.  You almost have to rest your finger at the very tippity top for a moment or so before it will respond.  It was more responsible on the N3.  6)  The toggle for the shutter sound in the camera settings gives you no indication as to whether it's on or off.  It does work, but you can't tell what setting its on till you try the camera first and then go back and toggle it. 7) The sidebar icons can be a little over sensitive as well.  I get a lot of accidental app openings when I was merely trying to rotate the side screens.  😎  The extra volume for speaker phone is now in a menu on the dial pad screen.  On the N3 is was a button easily available.  It's a little tedium having to make a call and then go into a menu to get to that button when you're in the car and use the extra volume feature all the time. 10) What happened to the great folder icons from the N3?  Now we have these awful 2d square  boxes.  11)  It would be nice if we could change the menu theme.  Looked great on the N3.  The aqua blue in Kitkat on the Edge is meh.  Trivial but just a thought.  12) Overall the phone is really nice.  Great design and looks great.  I realize the phone is very very new to verizon but hopefully we can get an interim update to address these issues before lollipop goes live on the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Feedback to Verizon re Note 4 Edge OS operations.... Updates soon? Hopefully.
deputydog95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry for some typos.... Should have proof read before I hit post and I don't see an edit post button Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Feedback to Verizon re Note 4 Edge OS operations....  Updates soon?  Hopefully.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing your feedback on your new Galaxy Note Edge, deputydog95! While there may definitely be some differences between phones, due to hardware difference, OS performance shouldnt be so dramatically different. Have you tried running your Edge in Safe Mode to see if some of these issues disappear? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-137973/ Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Feedback to Verizon re Note 4 Edge OS operations....  Updates soon?  Hopefully.
deputydog95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not tired safe mode, but I will today.  I have very little downloaded software on the phone so I can't really see how running in safe mode will help, but I will try it. 

0 Likes