Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finally spoke with an intelligent person
JDHart4886

After being told multiple different things regarding my note 7 (which is fine, not overheating and in fabulous working condition) I finally spoke with a representative at Samsung today that provided me with the following information: Samsung is at a standstill with sending out the replacements, even though they are ready, until CPSC approves it. This has been the ongoing story on Samsung's website since the feds got involved however Verizon reps in THREE stores have assured me the replacements would be available Friday 9/16/2016.

Out of 2.5 million phones sent out, Ill take my chances in keeping mine until a new one is in my hands. I watch it like a hawk, never charge at night and am very cautious however, I refuse to go to VZW- wait 3 hours (Oh yes! 3 hours because none of my local stores are competent and they take forever!) to get a loaner phone just to have to take off work again and go wait another 3 hours once the replacements are ready. Judge if you want, I know I am taking my own risk.

I hope for all of us Note 7 enthusiasts that are being stubborn such as myself, that the CPSC expedites their review so that we are not inconvenienced any longer. Heck, Id be fine with paying the restocking fee if everyone would get off their butts and provide the new ones. Hope this info helps someone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes