Fix gps issues after update
christinaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello all, I have the note 3 and since the update my gps location services have been crazy. I enjoy running with my phone as an mp3 player and like to get my distances this way but after the update it has not been dependable data at all I look at my app when I am done and there are crazy zig zags everywere on my maps, it has even told me I ran through a lake. Is there something I can do to make the gps work like it did before without these crazy zig zags all over the place?Smiley Sad

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fix gps issues after update
christinaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone. I talked to a VZ tech support person and they told me to factory reset my phone and then go ahead and get the sim changed. It seems to have helped.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
christinaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anybody know what's up with this?

0 Likes
Despairz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy Note 3 from Verizon after updating to kitkat. The gps is useless and gets me lost as it can't keep track of where it is in the city. Out in the boonies on one road sure. But in the city I've had the gps simply just stop working in the stock maps app where my position arrow just wouldn't move and stated I was off road when clearly I wasn't. I had to restart the gps for it to work.

Most of the time though it just loses its position and starts "recalculating" which chooses and new and significantly slower route. I have to cancel the route and then restart it again. Hating this phone currently. My keyboard no matter which one I use is massively inaccurate anymore. The screen is worse than an iPhone accuracy and it wasn't like this when I first got the phone or in the few months after. What suggestions or copy paste responses do you have for us Verizon?

0 Likes
vergilius

Same problem here.

0 Likes
christinaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone. I talked to a VZ tech support person and they told me to factory reset my phone and then go ahead and get the sim changed. It seems to have helped.

0 Likes