Flashlight comes on while picking up phone
Joffenb

Updated Note 4 to Lollipop last night and since then have had two instances where I picked up the phone with the screen off and the flashlight came on.  Had to turn on screen and tap to turn off.  I'm not complaining, just want to know how to do it when I want it to happen???

0 Likes
Re: Flashlight comes on while picking up phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Joffenb,

No need to worry, this is not a normal activity that your Note 4 should be performing. Are any applications left open in the background when this occurs? Do you get any error messages? How often does it happen? Provide feedback, we are her to help.
YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Flashlight comes on while picking up phone
Joffenb

No error messages.  No unusual apps running in the background (had done several "close all" options just before they happened.  Had not run anything other than phone and mail and settings with the new O/S when it happened.  Flashlight just turned on.  Must press button and tap the "turn off" to turn off flashlight.  Has happened twice last night as I was reaching and picking up the phone.  I have attempted to duplicate any gesture or motion or button press to reproduce the action without success.  My reason for posting is that I thought it might be some hidden "easter egg" type of option because I would enjoy the feature if I knew what it was...

0 Likes