Flying home from england to us with Note 7, what do i do?
CHRJON14

I flew out to England before the flight ban and now I'm flying home on the 17th. I've already ordered a replacement phone but my phone is likely to get confiscated if I try to fly with it. If it does I won't be able to return it and will likely be liable for the full amount. What are my options? Take Verizon/Samsung to small claims court?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Flying home from england to us with Note 7, what do i do?
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

CHRJON14,

Help has arrived! Yes, you are correct. The Note 7 is banned from all flights & we do realize that. Please allow me to guide you with all the necessary steps that need to be done in this situation. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information to assist. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You could always try putting it in your checked baggage or look into shipping it home. You could also contact the airlines before returning and see what they would recommend.

0 Likes
rpm1300p
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sure it goes without saying but, I wouldn't suggest doing anything that gives the appearance of trying to sneak the phone onto the plane.

I just read that Verizon is Vodafone in the UK, not sure if that is true but you may be able to hand it to them.

0 Likes
rpm1300p
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just found an address for a Verizon office in Reading UK, 50 miles from London.

Reading International Business Park, Basingstoke Road, Reading RG2 6DA

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From DOT Bans All Samsung Galaxy Note7 Phones from Airplanes | Department of Transportation

"Individuals who own or possess a Samsung Galaxy Note7 device may not transport the device on their person, in carry-on baggage, or in checked baggage on flights to, from, or within the United States. This prohibition includes all Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices. The phones also cannot be shipped as air cargo.  The ban will be effective on Saturday, October 15, 2016, at noon ET."

"Passengers currently traveling with Samsung Galaxy Note7 phones should contact Samsung or their wireless carrier immediately to obtain information about how to return their phones and arrange for a refund or a replacement phone. Samsung has provided guidance for customers about refund and replacement options, as well as how to contact wireless carriers, at http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/ [external link]. Samsung is also answering customers’ questions at 1-844-365-6197."

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

CHRJON14,

Help has arrived! Yes, you are correct. The Note 7 is banned from all flights & we do realize that. Please allow me to guide you with all the necessary steps that need to be done in this situation. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information to assist. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

What would have been helpful would have been supplying the international support number especially since the customer is 6 hours ahead. A PM will not help.

0 Likes
CHRJON14

This issue with trying to get a replacement phone has gotten very ugly. To the point where I've had to record calls to customer service and document the issue. I'm trying to avoid small claims court but that's looking unlikely at this point. 3 hrs on the phone today with verizon and I have no phone to show for it. Emailed the CEO and Dispute department.

0 Likes
dcereghino

Hi,

I am in similar situation: my wife and I got in August TWO Note7 (first release) at Verizon shop in WI, and since early September we are outside of USA for Business trips. Now in Italy, and planned to return to US on Oct. 25th, but the flight ban got us unprepared. Can you please send me a pvt message with instruction how to return the phone (now in Italy). Verizon support was not helpful so far, and found this by googling around. Thank you a lot! 

0 Likes
CHRJON14

I called into customer service and they said they understand about the travel ban and how it's not my fault and said they were going to note in my account that I'm not liable for the phone. I asked them what to do with the phone and they said just give it to someone at the airport, didn't seem to really care what I did with it. That was the easy part. They were going to arrange a loaner phone and that's when things started going sideways.

The problem for me has been trying to get a new phone ordered. Emailing the CEO and a half dozen SVPs last night has gotten a response. Expecting a phone call back from them today and hopefully some resolution.

Good luck.

0 Likes