Font problem after upgrading note 5 to 6.0.1 marshmallow
LCassity

Since upgrading my Samsung Note 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow,  I cannot use any downloaded fonts on my phone. It says that "font is not supported".

These are the fonts android sends me to when I click Settings>Display and Wallpaper>Font>+download fonts  so they SHOULD work.

0 Likes
Re: Font problem after upgrading note 5 to 6.0.1 marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's very odd that these fonts are no longer working properly, LCassity. Are all the apps on your device up to date through the Play Store? Is there any issue using the default font options?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LCassity

It's something in the upgrade that did it.  All apps are current,  and it happens with ANY downloaded font.

The built-in fonts work fine,  and you can switch between any of them.

The downloaded fonts worked fine in Lollipop.

I've spoken with other owners of Note 5's and it seems the problem lies in the Verizon implementation of Marshmallow,  and only with the Note 5.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have to bring this up with Samsung. This happens to all their devices upgraded to 6.0 or higher.

DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

The S5 too as it turns out.

0 Likes
Bg1440

I have been having this exact same problem.  I'm downloading the correct font packs (flipfont), and everything is up to date.  I don't know what the issue is.

0 Likes